Become a Coach or Volunteer and Make a Difference
Without caring mentors, positive youth development just doesn’t happen. At The First Tee, we take coaching seriously. We believe that a meaningful, quality relationship between coach and participant is vital to our program.
“Young people don’t care what a coach knows until they know a coach cares.”
for any questions regarding volunteering, please contact Laura Tobe: (727) 726-8829 x 207 or email@example.com.
We are honored to have the time, talent and treasures of our many Volunteers. To prepare and be sure that each volunteer is serving in the right volunteer position; please choose the one below best fitting your personal goals and situation.
Executive Committee Member
- Meets once a month on the first Thursday of the month from 6-7 PM at the Chi Chi Sports Complex
- Provides event leadership and/or hands on role in the Academy’s mission
- Members planning to be event chair persons and/or take on committee roles will be drawn from this group.
- Members have Board of Directors and VIP Volunteer support
- Receives meeting minutes
- Meeting times vary per interest
- These are individuals of influence with resources and good ideas committed to be called upon for consulting, contributing and volunteering for special events, special projects and in emergency situations.
- They are kept up to date of happenings through e-mail
- Summer Camp Volunteers come Monday – Thursday from 7:30am to 12:30pm (or certain days depending on Coach needs) and assist trained Coaches with daily programming at the Sports Complex and Golf Course
- Certification Program Volunteers come during designated Program hours (vary per class) and assist trained Coaches with daily programming at the Sports Complex or Golf Course
- Working Volunteers have a “work” schedule of eight (8) hours per week
- Duties are customer oriented and these volunteers will provide labor assistance, when needed in exchange for golf and sports complex privileges. Hours worked are recorded to earn privileges.
- Working Volunteers usually work for Education, Golf Operations, Project Development, or Grounds Maintenance.