Become a Coach or Volunteer and Make a Difference
Without caring mentors, positive youth development just doesn’t happen. At The First Tee, we take coaching seriously. We believe that a meaningful, quality relationship between coach and participant is vital to our program.
“Young people don’t care what a coach knows until they know a coach cares.”
for any questions regarding volunteering, please contact Laura Tobe: (727) 726-8829 x 207 or email@example.com.
please click here for a Volunteer Application
We are honored to have the time, talent and treasures of our many Volunteers. To prepare and be sure that each volunteer is serving in the right volunteer position; please choose the one below best fitting your personal goals and situation.
Executive Committee Member
- Meets once a month on the first Thursday of the month from 6-7 PM at the Chi Chi Sports Complex
- Provides event leadership and/or hands on role in the Academy’s mission
- Members planning to be event chair persons and/or take on committee roles will be drawn from this group.
- Members have Board of Directors and VIP Volunteer support
- Receives meeting minutes
- Meeting times vary per interest
- These are individuals of influence with resources and good ideas committed to be called upon for consulting, contributing and volunteering for special events, special projects and in emergency situations.
- They are kept up to date of happenings through e-mail
- Summer Camp Volunteers come Monday – Thursday from 9am to 12pm (or certain days depending on Coach needs) and assist trained Coaches with daily programming at the Sports Complex and Golf Course
- Certification Program Volunteers come during designated Program hours (vary per class) and assist trained Coaches with daily programming at the Sports Complex or Golf Course
- Working Volunteers have a “work” schedule of eight (8) hours per week
- Duties are customer oriented and these volunteers will provide labor assistance, when needed in exchange for golf and sports complex privileges. Hours worked are recorded to earn privileges.
- Working Volunteers usually work for Education, Golf Operations, Project Development, or Grounds Maintenance.